Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cheechios and Cheerleaders







My sister has finally talked me into writing a blog, so here I go. I'll start with an update on my favorite two girls.


Cheechios and Cheerleaders, hmmmm. Lately, it seems like our world is revolving around these two things.



Ellie is obsessed with Cheechios (Cheerios), and I just love how she says it. "Cheechios Momma." Lately, it is followed by "Bowl, milk, spoon, pease." Ellie has decided that she wants to be a big girl. Dry cereal is no longer acceptable. She needs a bowl, spoon, and milk, just like her sister. Of course 90% of it ends up on the floor, but she's learning.


Life with little Ellie is soooo much fun. She cracks us up every day. She has also become very obsessed with brushing her teeth. In fact, you need to hide your tooth brush well in this house. She is constantly searching the bathrooms for toothbrushes shouting, "teeth" over and over. The other day I found her dipping my toothbrush in the toilet. I am just SO thankful that I saw her do it. I don't want to even think about what would have happened if she had just returned the toothbrush to the drawer. Eeeesh!!


Ellie is following in the footsteps of her older sister. She is a word magnet. Every day she is learning new words and piecing together small sentences. It's so much fun to hear what her new words will be each day. One of my favorites it "vegetable". She also loves to sing Twinkle, twinkle. Amazingly she is able to sing most of the words.


Zoë is very busy this fall. She just started preschool, dance, and Sunday school. She is also learning new things every day. Yesterday she was eating an apple, and pointed to the bottom of the apple. She told me, "Mom, this is where a bee polinated the apple." Nice work Mrs. Meliza. I was impressed with the big word, and the fact that she remembered what her teacher taught her.


This is Zoë 's second year in dance. She has the same teacher, which is wonderful. She also has many of the same girls in her class. I get to peak through the windows each week, and I can't believe the difference from last year. This year she appears to actually be dancing more than looking at herself in the mirrors.


Cheerleaders!! Zoë loves them. I'd say she wants to be one some day, but the truth is she believes she already is one. Almost every week we go to the Lakeville North football games to watch Uncle Mike's team. Zoë always has to wear her Panther Cheerleader uniform and carry her pom poms. At the end of the game she joins the other cheerleaders on the field and cheers for the players as the exit. It is truly the highlight of her week.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah!!!! Love your blog! I love you girls even more:) So glad you have joined us bloggers...ta-ta!